Monday, April 23, 2012

And The Countdown Is On...

I never would have dreamed I would type the above title, but, yes, we finally have a date!  If, and only if, nothing  happens before MAY 7th, then the triplets will be born May 7th by c-section, here in Oxford!  If something does happen to happen, then we will deliver then.  By something, I mean water breaking, etc...I'm so excited to have a date that I don't know what my name is, but at the same time, I'm/ we're so scared that I'm not sure either of us knows our names.  We went to Memphis today, and the doctor said everything looked great- fluid, placenta, and cord wise.  They didn't weigh them, but they did look as if they had grown some since last Tuesday.   A, as usual, didn't like the probe being on top of her, so she frowned at us.  Girlfriend has a personality of her own.  Kinda scary.  Sweet B was still head-butting our girl.  They each have one eye out on the world, if that makes any sense.  Our precious C is still breech.  He is one smart joker.  I wouldn't get involved down there either. He is still right under my chest on the right, and I can occasionally feel his sweet hand, reaching up to my heart- causing some awesome heart burn.  It's as if he's telling me he has my heart.  He doesn't have to remind me though.  They've each stolen my heart from day one.  I am to continue on all of my medicines until the day before delivery.  We go to our Oxford doctor, Dr. Smith, on Wednesday and will travel back to Memphis for an appointment with Dr. BK on Thursday.  Naturally, on the way to Memphis, my phone got Gatorade all in the battery, so it quit working, so if you have tried to contact me, I have Andy's phone.  However, with the loss of my phone came the loss of Dr. Smith's cell phone number.  Yikes.  I know his office's number by heart, so I called immediately, and to whom did I get transferred?...  To none other than Dr. Smith himself, which made me feel great because Dr. BK had already called and scheduled everything with him.  And, honestly, Andy and I had only made it to Southaven, right outside Memphis.  So, we are on go for that date if something doesn't happen before then...

As excited and absolutely thrilled as we are, we are really scared.  It's hard to believe that this whole life changing experience has come close to its end.  Our lives have changed a million times over just by being pregnant, something we thought would be impossible.  God has worked on us in ways I could have never imagined.  However, I know our lives will change even more with three precious babies who will look to us for everything, at least at first.  How have we gotten through this?  Only by the grace of God and from prayers from sweet friends like you...  I've never known someone who has been on as many prayer lists as we are, and for that we are so thankful.  Each and every day comes with its own struggles.  For instance, as I've mentioned, these wrists would show up on an x-ray as an elderly person's, and for some reason I can't hear out of my right ear.  Strange what pregnancy can do to you.  However, I'd give up my right ear hearing and my wrists to have these babies.  I know this sounds extremely vain, but the stretch marks are rampant, but each one will be a sweet reminder of one of the most wonderful times of my life, and so for these marks, I am so very grateful.  I am truly going to miss this- every kick and every punch and every hard breath.  I couldn't ask for a more wonderful gift than this.  Praise be to God!

Please continue to pray for us as we near the end of this pregnancy.  Please pray for these precious souls as they are born!  Please pray that each one would be healthy and have developed lungs, etc.  Please pray for no medical difficulties, and if some occur, for grace to deal with them.  Please pray that we can hold out for two more weeks.  Please pray that God would grant every doctor in the delivery room unfathomable wisdom.  Please pray for our nerves, as they are pretty twisted right now.  Please pray that these babies would be o.k. spiritually, physically, and mentally.  And most importantly, please pray that God would receive all glory, honor, and praise for this wonderful gift, and all that He has done...  Praise Him!


And, now...  A fun video up to this point... If it were only as easy as A,B,C's and 1,2,3's... However, it will be a Wonderful World!








1 comment:

  1. What a cute video!!!! Still praying in Charleston for healthy babies! So proud you've made it this far. Can't wait to meet A, B and C!!! God is SO Good!
    Isabel Woods

    ReplyDelete