Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Praise God! 32 Weeks, 4 Days, & Still Pregnant!

Praise God we've reached a wonderful goal!  32 weeks, 4 days, and we're still rocking along!  We've had so many goals throughout this pregnancy- 24 weeks, 28 weeks, 30 weeks, and now 32 weeks!  No one, including Andy and myself, ever thought we would have made it this far, but God is in control, and our new goal is 34 WEEKS, possibly 36 (wow!) weeks!  God has been so merciful to us throughout these months, and how terrible of us not to believe He'd get us this far since He's been in control from the infertility on...  We had a great appointment on Tuesday (our Memphis appointment day now)!  They didn't weigh the babies yesterday, but all of their placentas, fluids, and cords looked great!  We are so thankful!  Heart rates were also good at A- 155, and B and C both at 141!  Our girl still is Andy spit out.  I know things can change, but as far as these sonogram pictures go, it looks as if I had nothing to do with her.  She is still sassy and always frowns when the sonographer presses down on her, and I honestly don't blame her because it is not the most comfortable thing. I must say, I think she's pretty cute!  :)  We're going to have our hands full though.  Our sweet boys still look alike- they actually have more of me, or rather my daddy- big lips and jaws, according to these pictures.  They all have tons of hair that just floats in the sonogram.  It is too funny!  They are all getting extremely smushed in there too.  All of their cheeks look like someone is squishing them together.  They're literally running out of room.  The doctor has said they may not grow as much right now due to space, or lack thereof, but we are focusing on brain and lung development now, however, we'd be delighted if they kept growing as well!  The longer they stay put the better.  When we went to Memphis I was positive he'd be keeping us because I have felt terrible lately, and I was in shock when he mentioned 34-36 weeks.  For some reason though, in the most far back place of my mind, I thought he may not keep us.  The far back place of my mind was correct, and we're back home for now.  I am having the "normal" side effects of being extremely pregnant.  Right now, I am larger than what full term is for a normal pregnant person- way larger than the picture I posted last week.  (I need to quit using the term "normal," because I am not sure we'll ever be "normal")!   I am really puffy and swelling, but not too badly, and having headaches, all more than likely due to one of the fifteen pills I take daily.  Thankfully, my blood pressure has remained lower than usual because of one of the meds.  I can't walk to the bathroom without sounding as if a heart attack is around the corner.  Contractions are horribly terrible.  Carpal tunnel has taken over my wrists. Shots are no fun, and getting out of the bath is miserable.  The things I used to take for granted!   I'd be lying if I said this is easy because it is not, however, how can I complain when I see these sweet miracles on that screen- kicking each other or sucking hands or thumbs?  I don't mean to come across as complaining or not thankful at all.  What blessings each of these babies are!  Each headache, each swollen  toe, each breath, each pill, and each shot, etc. is truly a gift and totally worth it, a million times over.  Each day that they are inside of me is even more of a gift.  The Lord has really taught me what sacrifice is.  What I am going through is  NOTHING at all compared to what He has sacrificed for me already.  I have to look at it this way to realize how great it really is.   This is not to say that I haven't had days when I've called Andy or my mother crying like crazy.  My hormones are a tad bit (a lot) out of whack, but we continue to persevere.    Our God is a whole lot stronger than crazy hormones.  He is so good and has had mercy on us time and time and time again, and He's answered our most earnest prayers.

Please continue to keep praying for all of us.  Praise Him for 32 weeks, 4 days!  Praise Him they're all doing well as of now!  Praise Him that we are surrounded by such a good support system.  Praise Him that we're still pregnant!  Please pray that the babies' lungs and brains would be developing well, and that they'd keep growing at the same rate.  Pray that they would not come a second earlier than when they should.  God's timing is perfect, so please pray that they will come in his perfect timing.  Please pray that the Lord would calm our nerves.  We're getting pretty nervous- and just plain scared.  Please pray that the delivery would be a planned delivery instead of an emergency so our parents can make it.  Please pray for the placentas, cords, and fluids to remain at good levels.  Please pray for patience and perseverance as we wait for them.  Please pray for these last days not to creep by and for Andy and I to enjoy just being the two of us right now.  Please pray for Andy as he continues to work to support all of us.  Most importantly, please pray that these precious babies wouldn't ever know a day without Jesus or a day that they don't realize His great sacrifice.   To God be the glory...

Maggie


"Every good and perfect gift is from above and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment