Thursday, February 16, 2012

Praise/ Shower Pics/ Prayer Request

We are still hanging in there!  God has been so good to us this past week!  I've never had a better Valentines day!  Feeling the babies move is the best gift I could ever ask for, hands down!  I had an appointment with the high risk doctor in Memphis yesterday and with the Oxford doctor last Friday!  Our babies are growing!  Praise God!  We are so thankful!  We also had a lovely shower this past Saturday!  I'll begin with the Oxford doctor update...

We had a great doctor's appointment last Friday!  The babies were absolutely precious!  I survived getting the progesterone shot... by myself.  Nurse Andy had to leave the appointment early, so I had to get the shot by myself.  Yikes.  I am a super baby, but I did survive.  Andy will be with me this Friday, needless to say.  His hand is all I need, and the world is fine again.  I also found out I'll be starting iron and folic acid because I'm a bit anemic.  I know this may be too much info, but if you know the side effects of these medicines, you'll understand why we all need your prayers in this department...  The babies were just precious, as usual. They really are cute, if I say so myself. They were everywhere! Our Oxford sonographer is always amazed at how much they move, but I'm not! I feel those sweet kicks each time. At this appointment, my cervix also measured 4.75 in one measurement and 4.92 in another measurement, so I was allowed to go to my shower the next day! 


On Saturday, my precious friends had a lovely shower for the trips and me.   Thankfully, my sweet friend, Kinney, across the street, hosted it at her house.  I'm not sure we could have made it much further.   It was absolutely perfect!  I never imagined that I'd have to be wheel-chaired across the street, but you do what you've got to do.  And at this point- and all along for that matter, I'm willing to do anything for these sweet babies.  Wheeling across tthe street is the easiest thing I can do for them.  As soon as I got there, I immediately sat in a recliner the whole time.  I was for sure comfy.  (My doctor had said the only way I could go was if I sat/ reclined the whole time).  We got so many wonderful things, and it was such a fun outing!  It felt as if I was in a dream because it was just so perfect!  The hostesses really outdid themselves, and we're so very thankful for each of them...  Here are some pics!

One of my only standing moments right before we wheeled across the street...


Sweet baby Jane Felton (Andy's niece) and Meme (Andy's mom) right before the shower.

 And, the wheelchair...


 Feeling comfy and  very round at the shower!

The sweet hostesses at the shower!


The onesies that each person made for the trips!  Such a precious idea!!!


Gifts/ gift cards from the shower!


Liv (my niece) and Caroline (my cousin's child)  opening gifts!  They had a large time!


Love this picture!  Charlotte (my niece), Caroline (cousin's child), and Livie (my niece).  The expression on Liv's face is how I felt the whole time!  Overwhelmed and blessed....  However, she is a bird!

On this past Monday, we had an appointment in Memphis with Dr. BK, the high risk doctor.  The babies are growing, growing, growing!  We are so thankful!!!  A was 1 lb. 8 oz with a heart rate of 158 and in the 44 th percentile.  B was 1 lb. 9 oz. with a heart rate of 156 and in the 51st percentile.  C, our biggest one, was 1 lb.  10 oz with a heart rate of 148 and in the 55 th percentile!  My nightly milkshakes must be doing something!  I'm not very smart in the percentile department, but the nurse said they were all great sizes!  In fact, they are each the size of what a single baby would be at 24 weeks, 4 days!  God is so good!  They were all precious, and moving everywhere!!!  This time, they were all obsessed with their hands.  C must have taught them about their hands.  Of course, he had his thumb in that mouth!  A and B had their hands all over their faces, as if they had just discovered them.  It was too cute!  A looks exactly like Andy!  He marked this child well!  In fact, she looks like Andy's sister's children, who look like him.  It is funny, and she is super cute!  I was amazed at how much B and C look alike.  The sonographer has said that there is a 1-2% chance that they could be identical, and we may be in that 1-2%.  It is hysterical!  I must say that to have looked so much like Andy at first, B is me, or my family, and C is me too, and I think they're pretty cute!  They have my wide nose for sure, and my daddy's big lips.  They really look alot like my sister's children!  Each time we go to Memphis, they have been measuring my cervix.  I wasn't worried at all since it had been measured the Friday before and had measured so well.  Well, it changed.  In one measurement, it was 2.6, and in another, it was 3.2.  I noticed that something was odd when the nurse had a scowl on her face when looking at the screen, but I never expected her to say a number that low.  The cervix is basically what holds the babies in.  As you can imagine, I got a little, (emphasis on little) upset.  Remember, I do have enough hormones for three babies and I'm getting hormones injected into me.  Yikes.  Just typing that sentence makes me feel sorry for Andy.  Poor Andy's mama (who had taken me to the doctor) probably started wondering who her son had married.  I kinda couldn't quit crying, so the sonographer called another nurse and the doctor in the room. (We usually meet with the doctor in another room after the sonogram.)  Dr. BK did make it sound a tad bit better though.  He said my body is doing what it is supposed to do, but we just don't want it to do this this soon.  They have told me to start packing my bags when I go to the Memphis appointments in case he wants to keep us.  We will go back to Memphis on Monday, now weekly, and they will measure my cervix.  PLEASE pray that it will lengthen, or just not shorten!  I am pretty much lying down flat all day now, in hopes of it lengthening!  Also, the doctor said we may or may not be starting steroid shots, which would be to help the babies develop more quickly.  Please pray that we start these on time.  Just as I have to trust God, I have to trust that the doctors know when it is best to start these shots.

Please be in prayer first and foremost for these precious miracles!  Please pray that they would continue to grow at the same rate!  Praise God that they have so far!  The sonographer said that at some point one will begin to get bigger than the others.  Please pray that this doesn't happen.  Please pray that these sweet babies would never know a day that they don't know their Creator.  Please pray for Andy and me as the Lord works on us daily, molding us into what He would want us to be.  Please also pray for my cervix to lengthen, or just not to shorten any more.  I never dreamed I'd be requesting prayer for my cervix on a blog that the world can see, but God hears all of our prayers, so why not put it out there?  Please continue to pray for patience for me as I am in bed, and please pray for Andy's patience, as I am a full time second job.  He does everything!  We go to the doctor tomorrow (Friday) for the shot and checkup and to Memphis on Monday- please pray for both appointments, and for wisdom for both doctors, as well as for Andy and me.  We are so thankful each morning when I wake up, and the babies are still inside- praise God!  His mercies are new every morning.

Lamentations 3:22-23
"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.  They are new every morning.  Great is thy faithfulness."

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment