Friday, January 27, 2012

Prayer Request

Sorry in advance for the long post- lots has happened! 

I know I've said this several times, but wow, what a difference a week and a half can make.  Doesn't the verse say, "For my thoughts are not your thoughs, nor my ways your ways."  (Isaiah 55:8)?  I am not even sure where to begin!  I left off my last blog entry thinking I'd repost with news from what was supposed to be Wednesday's appointment with the high risk doctor in Memphis.  Little did I know I would have just gotten home from the hospital and am now subject to the bed.  Again, God had different plans than my little OCD mind had, and through His grace, He's given me enough strength to get through these past few days.

On Sunday night, Andy and I decided against going to our church's Fellowship Group because I just wasn't feeling very well.  I got into bed early, as usual, and Andy wasn't far behind me.  I honestly hadn't been feeling up to par that whole day, but I kept pressing on, just thinking I was feeling normal.  I had realized earlier when I was trying to take my normal Sunday afternoon nap that I couldn't sleep.  I was just hurting, and I felt as if the babies had just moved down.  I don't really sleep at night, but it is weird when I don't sleep on Sunday afternoons.  It's almost God's way of reminding me that Sundays really are a day of rest.  Finally when the clock struck 9:30, and I was not asleep and still hurting, what else did I do but call my mama?  Doesn't Mama know best?  After talking to her, we decided that it would be best to call my doctor.  After all, we aren't doctors at all, although since all of this, I feel that we may be a few years short of  medical degrees.  Docotor Smith, here in Oxford, had thankfully given me his cell phone number last week, so Andy called him.  He told us to get to the hospital immediately, and he was calling the labor and delivery floor to let them know we were on our way.  Andy and I literally stormed out of the house with the clothes on our backs and our insurance cards.  Based on our previous ER experiences, I honestly thought we'd make it home around 5 a.m. since we had gotten there at 10:30 p.m.  Again, little did I know!  After getting attached to dopplers and actually hearing their precious little heartbeats- the most wonderful noise in the world- they hooked me up to the contraction monitor, which did, in fact, prove that the pain I was feeling was contractions.  And, man, do they hurt!  I had never expected to feel them since they have told me from the beginning that I will be having a c-section.  Again, little did I know.  The nurses called my doctor who informed them that I would for sure be staying the night in the hospital.  We were in the Labor and Delivery part, so it was very nice, but when you're hurting like I was, who cares if you're in the Ritz Carlton?  I continued to contract throughout the night, and the next morning, my doctor, Doctor Smith, decided to monitor me again all day long and put me on Procardia, a medicine to stop contractions and progesterone shots.  I ended up staying in the L & D suite Sunday and Monday nights and got moved to a room on Tuesday morning.  I do have to mention what a trooper Andy was during this whole episode.  Not only did he sleep on a couch that felt like cardboard, he also did other things that probably shouldn't be mentioned on here.  He was a real trooper.  Of course, my mama came up.  When I'm hurting, I want my mama.  She was also a real trooper as well.  I honestly couldn't have done any of this without them.  They were at my beck and call.  On Wednesday morning, glorious Wednesday morning, they let me come HOME!  I was so excited about taking a real bath that I didn't know what my name was!  Sponge baths are for the birds.

So, now, we're home, and I'm on permanent bedrest with bathroom and (thankfully!) shower privileges!  I'm not going to lie- it hasn't been the easiest few days. I am an extremely busy body, and I like to clean and straighten and just move and go in general, and I'm not allowed to do any of that- at all.  It's funny though because I honestly don't want to move from the bed (right now- on day 5).  Andy and I have prayed that God would give me a sense of patience and peace, and once again, God has granted it.  I don't have much energy, so getting up and doing anything- like washing my face- makes me feel bad.  And, in the long run, what is a few weeks or months in bed to get these babies here safely?  I am willing to sacrifice anything for these precious miracles, just like Jesus did for me.  Staying in bed really isn't a sacrifice at all compared to what He's done for us.  Andy and I are like clay being molded and formed into what God wants us to be.  We're learning to trust Him like never before, and it's not always easy- but He knows best.  Walking by faith has never been so real.  It's a daily thing.  I don't know what the next minute will hold, much less the next day or week or month.  I guess I've always been such an extreme planner that I've always thought that I knew what was going to happen.  It's just funny that it took these three miracles to really teach me that I'm not at all in control.  He is, and I'm thankful for that.  God works in mysterious ways. 
Now, am I worried about getting the nursery that I've dreamed about since I was able to dream completed?  Of course, but I have a God who created the world, so creating a nursery to him is no biggie.  God has provided so many wonderful friends who have shared their gifts with us whether it be cooking or just an errand runner- or even a visitor.  God has provided, so why worry about a nursery or dirty floors?  However, we do have a fabulous church family who is feeding us and cleaning our house!  What an example of the body of Christ!

Please continue to flood the throne on our behalf!  We still need prayers every day- every second!  I go back to the doctor in Memphis on Monday at 1, where they will measure the babies- who have hopefully grown!  Please pray that they are growing at the same rate.  Please pray that the other cyst on A's sweet brain will disappear.  On Wednesday at 10, I go back to Doctor Smith, here in Oxford, where I will get a huge Progesterone shot that is supposed to stop contractions as well.  (I'll be getting this weekly).  It's like syrup going into my body, and saying it hurts is an understatement.  Also, each day, I'm giving myself blood thinner shots in order to prevent blood clots since I'm lying around all day.  They hurt as well.  Please pray I don't throw up while doing so.  Please pray for the doctors that are taking care of me- for their decision making skills.  Please thank God that I do love my doctors- that I love how they can calm this neurotic, hard-headed person.  I'm so thankful they're smart.  Please pray that these babies would stay in for at least 30 weeks.  We'd love longer!  I hate to even type this but, please pray that Andy and I wouldn't have to make any hard decisions, and if so for guidance from above if we do.  Please pray for patience for both of us and for wisdom that can only come from Him and for a peace that passes all understanding and for trusting hearts. Please pray that He would be our everlasting strength.  Above all, please pray that God would get all the glory.  After all, these are His babies.

Isaiah 26:3-4

"He will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in Him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord! Trust in the Lord always, for in the Lord, Jehovah, is your everlasting strength."

Praise God from Whom ALL blessings flow-

Maggie

(I'll try and update this more regularly now that I'm just lying here in bed!)






--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Maggie -How have I just found your blog?! Please know how much I've been praying for you, for Andy, and for the babies!! Let me know if you need any book recommendations or anything! Pinterest can be your new best friend! love you & praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie -
    Garrett and I have been praying daily for you, Andy, and those sweet babies. I love your blog and being able to keep up with you and your prayer request. You unwaivering faith is such an example. I know this is a tough journey, but I know the outcome will be well worth it. Stay strong!
    Love,
    Paige and Garrett

    ReplyDelete