Sunday, January 1, 2012

Update/ Prayer Request

It's amazing what a week (or two) can bring!  Once again, we have seen these precious miracles!  These past two weeks have been a ride, and I've hesitated whether or not to write about them, but we need all of the prayer we can get, so I've decided to post. 

A few wekks ago, I began having chest pains.  They started the Sunday before Christmas and wouldn't quit.  They continued Monday, subsided on Tuesday, and continued again on Wednesday.  With Andy's encouragement, I decided to call my doctor in Oxford (who was out of town).  I ended up speaking to the doctor on call's nurse who told me she thought I had a pulmonary embolism (a blood clot in the lungs) and to get to the ER now.  What in the world???  Not at all what I wanted to hear- and especially not something you tell someone with the amount of hormones as this pregnant person in her body.  So, I then called my high risk doctor in Memphis, who then told me to get to the ER immediately.  Can you say basketcase???  By the time I made it down to the ER (I work at the hospital), I was totally and completely freaked out.  In fact, my blood presssure was 166/ 115.  A tad bit higher than my usual low 90/ 60.  I remember Andy busting in the doors like he owned the place.  Several hours later, after an ultrasound and CAT Scan, I was diagnosed with an infection in my lungs and extremely high white blood cell count.  The ultrasound, as usual, was a wonderful time for us to see the babies.  A and B were butting heads, while sweet C was sucking his thumb.  Praise God it wasn't a blood clot.  However, I am still having the pains, which since then, have been correctly diagnosed by my high risk doctor in Memphis as my liver and stomach have moved up to the right side of my chest, right under my right boob.  Talk about strange things happening during pregnancy...  Please pray for this issue. By God's grace, we've made it.

And only by his sweet grace have we made it.  Exactly one week later, we had an appointment in Memphis with the high risk doctor.  My mother and sister, Laura, and niece,Livie, went with me to see the sonogram.  It was a perfect time.  They were, as we always are, amazed by these three miracles inside of me.  Precious A was kicking B in the head and C in the back.  She is now not breech!  She continues to look like my daddy and nephew, and even my mother and sister saw the resemblance, so I promise it's not just me.  Chilled B literally had his feet crossed and hands resting on his head, completely not bothered by anyone (except for A who would give him the occasional kick).  It was so funny to see this because I can't tell you the amount of times I've seen Andy lying in the exact same position.  In fact, he's just woken up from his Sunday afternoon nap in this position.  His little clone even rests like he does.  Baby B looks exactly like Andy.  He may even have Andy's temperment too.  He got mad when the ultrasound tech was pressing on my stomach, and he pressed up, as if to say, "Quit.  I've had enough already!"  Sweet C was absolutely darling too.  As always, that thumb was going like crazy in his mouth.  He still is a mixture.  I can't really tell who he looks like- one minute- it's my side of the family, and the next, it's Andy.  However, C does have big lips that get to town on that thumb.  It's priceless and precious to watch.  He also wanted in every picture.  Poor thing.  We always start out scanning A first, so he is last, and he wants in every picture!  They were all doing well- large heads, big stomachs, functioning kidneys, stomachs (they even use the bathroom now!), 4 chamber beating hearts, toes, fingers, arms, legs!  They are all so perfect, made completely in the image of their Creator!  God is so good. 

Each time after every Memphis appointment, we meet in the conference room with the doctor.  The next few minutes at this appointment totally and completely rocked my world.  I was not expecting what the doctor would now say.  I thought our babies had looked perfect, and to the naked eye, such as mine, they did.  They always do though, and that's no surprise.  Mama, Laura, Liv, and I patiently waited on the doctor, and I silently wondered why there was tissue on the table.  Thankfully there was, and I didn't realize that I'd probably end up using the whole box by the end of our talk.  He came in and said the babies looked good, but immediately said, "let's talk about baby A (girl)."  My heart stopped literally.  You don't want to hear anything negative about your babies, but especially you don't want to hear it from a high risk doctor.  At this moment and previously, I realized how much I'd do anything for them- how much I loved these three wonders that I don't even know yet.  My mama hen instincts went into full fruition, and I wanted to protect each of these miracles.  The doctor then told us that A has a cyst on her brain (choroid plexus cyst).  I'm explaining totally on stupid people terms, which could be wrong, but anyway, your brain makes fluid that goes into your spine to make spinal fluid, and her brain turned some of this fluid into a cyst. Please pray that it disappears!  He then went on to tell us all of the risks- trisomy 18- scary- meaning our girl may meet her Jesus before we would like for her to, but again, these have always been His babies-and His will be done.  The doctor did tell us that this was a low risk, and we have found out that it is more common in babies.  This is just not the news we wanted to hear, but again, I must remind myself that these are God's babies.  He also told us that he didn't want to even tell us, but legally and ethically, he had to.  He also said since I'm on the younger side, that is better too.  Please pray that it disappears!  He also said that I could have been born with one, or you, but sonograms are just so in depth these days.  Andy and I are doing ok, taking it day by day and trusting in God completely.  I'm not going to lie though, it has been extremely hard to trust because I tend to like to have control over things.  I then have to remind myself that God is in control, and this is His baby.  God is at work in us as well, sanctifying us daily.  The doctor recommended against an amniocentesis because it would put sweet B and precious C at risk. So of course, we aren't doing it unless he tells us to do it.  Please pray that it would go away.  Pray that the Lord would give me and Andy a peace that passes all understanding.  Pray for her precious brain- that this would go away.  Pray that her brain would be so smart one day that it will amaze us.  Pray for the doctors to have wisdom.  Please pray that God would give me enough strength to get through each day- to stay strong for the other two.  This is HARD, and I know my God will remain faithful to us through all of this.  It is in his strong hands, and honestly, there is no place I'd rather this situation be but in his sweet hands.  There is nothing I can do but provide a healthy place for her to live in me. Please pray our A, B, and C to continually grow at the same rate- and for peace us.

On a closing note, I found this question # 1 from the Heidelberg Catechism so comforting, as the preacher brought it up tonight in church...

Question #1~ What is thy only comfort in life and death?

Answer:
That I with body and soul, both in life and death, am not my own, but belong unto my faithful Saviour Jesus Christ; who, with his precious blood, has fully satisfied for all my sins, and delivered me from all the power of the devil; and so preserves me that without the will of my heavenly Father, not a hair can fall from my head; yea, that all things must be subservient to my salvation, and therefore, by his Holy Spirit, He also assures me of eternal life, and makes me sincerely willing and ready, henceforth, to live unto him.

So true...  We aren't our own.  These babies aren't ours.  They're God's, and He knows them, even where their hair follicles are, and He for sure is in control of all three babies' brains.  HE will remain faithful no matter what. 

Secondly, we sang "Whate'er My God Ordains Is Right," and every word rang so true...  Check it out
http://www.hymnlyrics.org/lyricsw/whateer_my_god_ordains_is_right.html


Happy New Year and Praise God from whom all blessings flow~

Maggie

Our next appointment is on Tuesday, January 3rd here in Oxford, and our next high risk appointment is on the next Wednesday, January 11th.  Please be in prayer for both of those appointments

No comments:

Post a Comment