Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Praise/ Pray!

Sorry it has taken me a while to update the blog!  In the three weeks since I have updated, God has been so gracious to us, which once again proves Who is in total control of these precious miracles- and always has been! 

After getting the news of the 2 cysts on Baby A's brain and googling everything possible (which I totally recommend AGAINST), I composed myself enough to make it through yet another three appointments!  (I now go to the doctor weekly- to my regular OB here in Oxford one week and to the high-risk doctor in Memphis the next).  As soon as I got home after hearing about the cysts, I immediatley called my doctor here in Oxford, Dr. Smith, who calmed down my neurotic nerves.  He relayed the information to me again in stupid people terms.  Dr. Smith assured me that he saw these cysts every 2-3 months, and that most of the time they disappeared.  He literally probably confirmed his preconceived notions about this nutcase of a pregnant person after our conversation.  Our first appointment after finding out about the cysts was January 3rd, here in Oxford.  I tell you the dates so you will see how awesome our God is.  (The day we found out about the cysts was December 28th).  On January 3rd, the cysts were still there- both of them, but the babies were doing perfectly.  They were squirming around everywhere!  As always, it was/is amazing to see them.  The next week, on January 11th, we had our visit with the high risk doctor in Memphis.  By God's sweet grace, and only by that, one of the cysts had DISAPPEARED- in 15 days!  Andy and I are so thankful.  I had tears in my eyes.  If this child knew how many tears I've cried over her already- they're one loved bunch of babies!  However, we still do have one cyst that is still on her brain.  Please pray that it will disappear.

Yesterday, January 17th, was a regular OB visit.  The other cyst is still there, but Doctor Smith said she could be born with it and, hopefully, be fine.  If so, we would monitor it through ultrasounds, which sounds miserable to me.  I'm sure an ultrasound couldn't see through this thick, mushy brain of mine, but it could see a baby's brain.  We'll cross that bridge when it happens.  God willing, the other one will disappear, and she'll be smart as a whip.  All of the babies had grown FIVE OUNCES since December 28th!  They all weighed in at 13 ounces each!  Amazing!  A, as always, is ruling the roost.  She is kicking C in the head and B in the back.  Sweet B is, as always, chilled out.  He doesn't move much and always cooperates with whatever the ultrasound tech is trying to do/measure.  Sweet C had that thumb going yesterday as well.  It is the most precious thing ever.  He wants in every picture too.  He is a real mover.  I can feel C all the time!  It is so amazing to be able to feel them.  I don't ever want to take it for granted.  I'm not sleeping any more- at all- so at night, A and B get busy moving, and it's the most priceless, wonderful feeling I've ever felt.  C must be sleeping because he doesn't move as much at night.  I'll rub back, and sometimes, they kick even harder, just as if they're telling me hello.  I love it.  At my last Memphis appointment, my doctor told me that I was the size of what I'd be at 9 months with one child, and I assure you, I am one large bundle.  I guess I'll just get three times larger.  My stomach no longer has a belly button.  Every mole that was ever on my stomach is now two inches (at lest) larger because they're all so stretched.  My boobs are enormous, stretch marks and all.  But honestly, who cares?  I'm part of a miracle in the works, and it's amazing.  Every stretch mark is just a reminder of what God has done for us.  It is getting harder to just move in general, and I'm sure they'll put me to bed soon.  God has been good to let me work this long.  Andy really appreciates that!  Ha!  The pains are still in my chest, but I'm adjusting.  Tylenol Extra Strength doesn't work wonders, but it does work.  Again, these are all minor ailments that I can handle in order to get these babies here healthily. 

Lastly, thank you all so much for your prayers.  God is growing Andy and me spiritually, and, me, literally.  I honestly can't thank you enough.  He has had mercy on us time and time again, and we praise Him for it.  We couldn't have gotten through any of this without Him, and daily we realize our need- and our babies'~His babies'~ need for Him.  Please pray that God would continue to grow these sweet children spiritually, mentally, and physically.  Please pray that A's cyst would disappear.  Praise Him that we've made it this far (20 weeks, 5 days).  Praise Him that A's first cyst disappeared.  And above all, please pray that God would receive the glory for all of this. 

A sweet chaplain friend of mine at the hospital recently gave me this verse when I was having a rough day, and I love it.  It reminds me of how God has lead every step of the way with these babies.  I love picturing Him carrying them close to His heart.

Isaiah 40:11
 "He tends His flock like a shepherd;
  He gathers the lambs in His arms
  and carries them close to his heart;
  He gently leads those that have young."

All glory be to God~

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment