Thursday, March 1, 2012

Update!

We are SO THANKFUL to have made it this far!!!  Today marks 26 weeks, 5 days!  I can't tell you how excited we are to have made it this far, and we are continuing to pray these babies stay put a bit longer!!!  We had an appointment in Memphis this past Monday, and once again, God was so good to us and to these sweet miracles!  A and B both weighed 2 pounds, 3 ounces each and were in the 57th percentile!  Our sweet C was even bigger, weighing in at 2 pounds 5 ounces and in the 60th percentile!  We are so thankful and super blessed!    As usual, our babies performed for us!  They like to show off!  Our A was butting heads with B and kicking him all at the same time.  It was hysterical.  Our girl has some super coordination.  I can't walk and chew gum at the same time, so she must get her coordination from Andy.  Not only did she kickbox and butt heads with B, she opened her eyes when the sonographer finally got a view of her face.  Honestly, it was kinda freaky because we were just sitting there admiring her face and her sweet features, and all of the sudden, that beautiful little eye gave us a wink.  Neither Andy nor I had expected that, and it was such a treat!  It was truly amazing, and almost as if she was saying, "I've got my eyes on you!"  She still looks identical to Andy, and she even has the most precious pouty lips.  She is our sassy girl!  Our precious little B was way more active than he normally is- probably because girlfriend was kicking the stew out of him and head butting him all at the same time.  He is precious, and he even grinned at us.  I can already tell he is going to be sweet, and I know I may be naive right now, but I think they're all sweet.  He still looks like my side of the family.  In fact, the nurses were amazed at how big A's and B's heads were- definitely my side.  Andy has a normal head, and I've always had a larger head.  The nurses joked and said they were glad I wasn't pushing them out because they weren't sure how great that would go.  (We're having a c-section).   Our darling C was just that- darling!  He was breech, which doesn't matter since we will be doing the c-section.  Anyway, he is right underneath my right rib, and he was having nothing to do with the others.  He was enjoying the room that they were giving him for the time being.  The sonographer did say he has a normal sized head.  Andy was glad to hear that!  However, I say the bigger the head, the smarter the person!  :)  Our C's stomach is big too!  He is so dadgum cute too.  He loves his hands and especially that thumb.  I can't wait to see if he will like it once he gets here.  It is still so amazing how much B and C look alike!  I can only imagine what tricks they will try to pull when they are older if they really do come out looking so much alike!  Again, Andy and I are so very thankful for these precious miracles, and seeing them just makes it that much more real.  Feeling their kicks is unbelievable, and I love every second of that.  Each night, my stomach will knot up, literally, into 3 different knots.  It's awesome!  We can put something on my stomach, and it moves from their little kicks.  It's amazing that someone that weighs two pounds can kick that strongly.  I would put a picture of it up here, but it's to the point that I just shouldn't. Take my word.  We have a really large stomach.  It's kinda funny.  We're so blessed!  

My cervix has shortened down to 2.0, 3.0, and 3.3.- in three different measurements.  We are praying it will stay there, or just go up like it did last week!  My doctor did say that they expected it to shorten the more I progress.  The good thing, though, is that I am not funneling, which means the cervix is opening and closing.  Please just pray that it will stay closed and long.  You'll be surprised that I didn't freak out this time when they told me the length.  I almost expected it to be shorter because I can feel how much pressure our girl is putting on me.  She may be strong-willed.  Yikes.  While we were doing the sonogram, however, I started contracting, so they decided to go on and put me on the monitor to see how often.  Thankfully, I didn't really contract as much once they put me on the monitor, but I did have more once we got home.  They have told us that we can probably expect for them to keep me in the next 2-3 weeks, which is fine with me.  I'd definitely feel more comfortable being right there in Memphis.  We'd probably be at Methodist Hospital.  I've come to peace with it too.  I can't begin to tell you how much I'll miss Andy and just being home, but I know he'll be there when he can.  Bless him.  I know how boring the hospital can be, but if it keeps these sweet babes in a bit longer, I can do anything.  Am I worried:?  Of course.  If you know me, you know how OCD I am, and the nursery isn't ready- it lacks a few things.  My house is pretty straight.  Andy has been doing all of my "nesting" for me, as well as others.  I'd always imagined videoing the morning we left for the hospital and having everything be perfect, but I've come to realize- it doesn't matter!  I do cry each time we leave for Memphis for fear that I won't be back.  The babies won't know if their nursery is ready or not, or if the house is perfect.  However, I do feel like they will need their mother to be sane, so I can't believe I am typing this, but my priorities are changing, and I'm so thankful for that.  Life can be fun, even with an incomplete nursery.  The babies have clothes.  They have bottles.  They also have all the little accessories they'll need.  Most of all, they  will have the love of a Mama and Daddy that would die for them, as well as a Heavenly Father who already has died for them.  What else will we need?  How blessed we and they are!

Please continue to pray for us as we don't know what each day will hold.  We're so thankful each morning to see another day.  Please pray for these miracles- that they would continue to grow at the same rate.  Praise God that they have so far.  Please pray for my cervix-that it wouldn't shorten.  Please continue to pray for patience for me and Andy as we get closer and closer to the big day.  Please pray that it wouldn't be an emergency delivery, and that Andy will be able to be there in time.  Please pray for him as he goes to work each day.  God has been so gracious to us and has provided thus far, and we are so thankful.  Please be in prayer for my appointment today, in fact, in Oxford, and for the one on Monday in Memphis.  We can't thank you enough for your prayers and everything you've done for us.  To God be the glory...

Maggie

3 comments:

  1. Maggie, you made me cry! I'm continuing to pray for all 5 of you! love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers continue for y'all! I love reading your blog and keeping up with the dr visits and y'alls journey. Beth from Charleston, MS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mama! I am over from Kelly's Korner. I have a 3 1/2 year old twin boys who were born at 28 weeks. You would NEVER know they were born only weighing 2 pounds. You are doing an AWESOME JOB keeping those babies in there! Congratulations and I look forward to following the rest of your journey.

    ReplyDelete