Monday, December 5, 2011

The Day We Found Out.../ Moving Babies!

Some of you have asked me to tell you about the day we found out we were pregnant.   Some of this may be too much information, so just read over if so!  It's a day I will never, ever, as long as I live, forget.  Andy and I had been told that we had to wait two weeks to do a pregnancy test (see above fertility post), and when you are as impatient as the two of us, that can be pretty hard. By God's amazing grace, we were patient and calm, all at the same time- two characteristics that do not fit us.  Finally, the day before I was supposed to take it came, and my impatience took over and won.  It was a Friday morning, September 23rd, to be exact.  All I had was just a plain e.p.t. test with the positive or negative lines.  I had woken up at 3:30 a.m. to use the bathroom and couldn't go back to sleep.  I was scheduled to meet my walking buddies at 5 a.m.  Finally, at 4:15 a.m., I woke Andy up and told him it was D-Day.  I was scared to death to go to the bathroom, but again, by God's grace, I did.  Before I did, Andy said the sweetest prayer, and from that moment on, I do believe God was holding our hands the entire time (as if He wasn't already). So, I went.  I immediately saw that it really didn't look positive, so I told Andy, and he just stared at it, when all of the sudden, he screamed out my name- "Maggie, Maggie, I swear it's looking positive!!!" And sure enough, there was a faint positive line.  We then both started crying and thanked God for this gift.  And then, like normal sinful humans- we didn't believe it at first- sooo, we got in the car and drove to the closest Walgreen's to get a digital pregnancy test.  The roads were definitely empty at 4:20 a.m. that morning, so Andy flew straight there.  He went in and immediately found it, and was then told by the cashier, "man, I sure do hope this works for you if you're getting out this early."  Truthfully, that Walgreen's cashier didn't know that his simple words did a wonder for us early that morning- they made us laugh in a time when we weren't so sure of anything.  Although the ride there was but a second, the ride home was hours- it seemed!  We came home and probably did the quickest test ever been known to man, and immediately, those priceless, magic words appeared, "pregnant!"  Again, the tears began to flow, and we praised our God like never before.  And only for two short weeks did we think it was just one baby.  Little did we know how much our God had blessed us...  The real surprise of our lives was yet to come...

Changing subjects totally, I was lying in bed when all of the sudden, I felt the most amazing feeling in my stomach.  A, B, or C- not sure which one- actually moved in a way in which I felt it!  What a precious moment that I, again, as long as I live, will never forget!  One would have thought that I would have felt A or C moving by now, since B is our chilled out child, but nevertheless, one of them moved!  Amazing is the only word I know to describe the feeling.  Amazing is the only word I know how to describe this whole ordeal.  Amazing, amazing, amazing to feel these precious little wonders moving so freely in my body.  I can't describe it. 

Please continue to keep our family in your prayers as we continue on this journey.  We actually get to find out their sexes TOMORROW!!!!  We cannot wait to see with what God is blessing us.  This whole journey has been nothing but exciting and nerve-wrecking, but we know that God is in control no matter what!  Please pray that each child is growing in concordance with the other and for healthy, strong heartbeats and organs and cells- and anything and everything.  Praise God from whom all blessings flow... especially these three little miracles...

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment