Monday, September 10, 2012

What a Difference a Year Makes!

I sit down to write this and have thought and thought about what to say, but yet, words cannot come to me.   I've given myself thirty minutes- (nap time is over soon!)  My mind has gone from one extreme to the next.  I constantly think about the "what ifs?"...  What if I had never had triplets?  What if one was still in the hospital?  What if, what if, what if????  And then the questions  that follow the what ifs are the "did I's?"  Did I really have triplets?  Did I carry them 35 weeks, 3 days?  Did I just hear one crying?  And then the "Who would have thought?" questions follow that...  Who would have thought that a year ago I'd have three really HEALTHY babies?  Who would have thought that I'd be sitting here looking at three beautiful little miracles- which is truly what they are.  Life is crazy, but absolutely wonderful.  I remember this day a year ago like it was yesterday.  I was nervous, scared, and excited.  It was a beautiful fall day, just like today- crisp air, sunny.  Andy and I talked like we normally would on any trip to Memphis.  However, we were both in shock that we were actually headed to the fertility doctor to have a procedure that would hopefully have the best end result ever and change our lives for the absolute best.  (Not too many people I know can tell you the exact day and time they got pregnant, oh, but I can!  Ha!)  I've had so many emotions today and I've tried to relish in each one.  I've cried, laughed, cried, laughed, and done it all over again. It truly is unreal what a year can bring- from being sooo excited to just be pregnant, to finding out we were expecting twins, then triplets, then three boys, then a girl got thrown into the mix- not to mention all of the scares we had while I was pregnant.   I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm not sure what the definition of the word "blessed" is in the dictionary, but it should have Maggie and Andy Miller written right next to it.   The Lord's hand has orchestrated our whole journey, from infertility to now 3 precious four month old babies.  HE wove each baby perfectly inside me and kept them there for 35 weeks (and 3 days)- can't leave off the 3 days!  HE gave me grace enough to handle bed rest and every little hiccup we had.  HE set my mind at peace, and HE has made my cup so very full.  Seeing these precious little miracles is such a joy.  I'm reminded of my favorite quote that George Banks says to Annie in Father of the Bride when it starts snowing the night before her wedding day.  He says, "That's the thing about life... the little things that just sneak up on you and grab hold of you..."  (I may not be exact in quoting, but it is something like that)...   This may not make sense, but I feel like this year honestly just sneaked up on me and has a tight grip on me.  If you had asked me a year ago if I ever thought I would have triplets, I would have probably given you a crazy look, but, by far, this has been the most incredible year of my life.  We were so thankful for ONE baby, and now we have THREE precious babies.   And, truly, I don't want this year to ever end.  I don't want the wonder of it all to lose its grip on me, so to speak.  God is still in the miracle making business, and we're a for sure proof.   So thank you, each and every one of you, for your fervent prayers that you lifted up for us over this year.  Thank you for your thoughts.  Thank you in advance for your continued prayers as we strive to raise our miracles in the nurture and fear of their wonderful Maker.  To God be the glory, great things He has done...

What a difference a year can make, my friends...




Love,

Maggie and Andy
Posey, Miles, and Mark,  our  3 little miracles...

1 comment:

  1. So sweet, Maggie! Posey, Mark, and Miles are so blessed to have you & Andy as their parents!

    ReplyDelete